Key lime pie is a perfect summer dessert! You’re going to love the zingy citrus freshness in every mouthful. The best part of this recipe is that it does not require an oven.
The crust is made of two easy ingredients: unsalted butter + digestive biscuits! For the filling, make sure the cream cheese you use is full-fat and is in room temperature. Use cold heavy cream and fresh limes for this recipe for best results. Sweetened condensed milk thickens the filling and adds sweetness. Now it’s time to make this super simple key lime pie!
Unsalted Butter 170g
Digestive Biscuits 200g
Cream Cheese 150g
Heavy Cream 150g
Condensed Milk 200g
Lime Juice 50g
Lime Zest 2 tsp
Make the Crust
1) Place the digestive biscuits in a ziplock bag and crush it with a rolling pin until you have fine crumbs.
2) In a medium mixing bowl, add the crushed digestive biscuits with melted butter and mix well.
3) Transfer the crumbs into a prepared 9 inch pie pan, pressing firmly and evenly into the pan.
4) Place the pie pan in the fridge for 3 hours until it firms up.
Make the Filling
1) In a mixing bowl, add the room temperature cream cheese and mix with an electric hand mixer until it is creamy
2) Add the condensed milk, lime juice, lime zest and mix until well combined
3) In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
4) Lightly fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture with a spatula until it is well combined and creamy.
5) Pour the creamy mixture into the pie pan, and smooth out the tops. Place it in the fridge overnight to let it set.
6) Decorate the pie with sliced key limes and beautiful daisies the way you like them!