Love Tiramisu and Brownie? Why not both! You get the best of both worlds....
Happy World Baking Day!
Today we are celebrating the World Baking Day by sharing our FIRST EVER blog post AND recipe. We would love to share the recipe of one of the most popular desserts in Hong Kong, and that is tiramisu! And we have decided to level it up by putting it on top of a moist, delicious, chocolate-y brownie. JUST SOO GOOD!
This is definitely a great party dessert for adults and kids, and can easily wow your guests with. Now let's start making it!
Tiramisu Brownie Recipe
110g Butter, Melted & Cooled
90g Caster Sugar
85g Brown Sugar
4 Eggs, Room Temperature
1/2 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
60g All Purpose Flour
50g Cocoa Powder
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Espresso Powder
45g Egg Yolk
60g Caster Sugar
2g Sheet Gelatin
205g Mascarpone Cheese
205g Heavy Cream
Coffee Soak for Ladyfingers
5g Instant Coffee Powder
185g Hot Water
30g Caster Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 F / 175 C. Line parchment paper on a 8" x 8 " / 9" x 9" baking pan sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together melted butter, caster sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until smooth and combined.
3. Sift in flour and cocoa. Add salt and espresso powder. Stir until combined, do not overmix. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 20-22 minutes until just set to touch. Don't over bake the brownies!
5. Remove from oven and let cool.
1. Place gelatin sheet in cold water for 5-10 minutes.
2. Heat a pot of water over the stove until boiling and place a large heatproof bowl over the pot. Add the egg yolks and sugar, and whisk constantly until creamy and doubled in volume.
4. Squeeze the water out of the gelatin and add the softened gelatin into the egg mixture, whisk until all melted. Remove bowl from heat.
5. In another bowl, whip the heavy cream and mascarpone cream until stiff peaks.
6. Fold the egg mixture into the mascarpone mixture and reserve in the fridge until assembly.
1. Combine hot water, coffee powder, sugar and bailey's. Stir until dissolved.
2. Pour into a shallow bowl and set aside until assembly.
1. Dip the ladyfingers in the coffee soak and lay them on the brownie evenly.
2. Top with the mascarpone cream mixture until all ladyfingers are covered.
3. Put the pan in the fridge to set for about 1.5-2 hours.
4. Finish off and dust with cocoa powder :) SERVE.